Microsoft OneDrive is a well-known storage solution that is tightly integrated with Windows 10. OneDrive is used in the business world for work or school, as well as for personal reasons. OneDrive, like other internet companies’ cloud storage solutions, features free storage as well as premium plans for greater storage. Microsoft OneDrive also allows you to share your files with other users, making remote interaction on a PC or Mac computer more convenient and productive.
Microsoft OneDrive makes it simple and quick to manage your data and folders wherever you go. If you use OneDrive, you’ll undoubtedly want to keep track of how much space you’re consuming. We’ll show you how to check and manage your OneDrive storage use in this article because you mustn’t run out of space.
MANAGING ONEDRIVE STORAGE TO GET MORE STORAGE SPACE
Having more storage space on your OneDrive would not drive you to monitor its capacity on a constant schedule. On your OneDrive, 1 TB of storage capacity can go a long way. However, if you are using a free account, you should review your usage to ensure that you can still keep your data. You can only use up to 5 GB of storage space if you sign up for a free account. If you require additional storage capacity, you may subscribe to its subscription plans, which provide 100GB, 1TB, or 6TB of storage space.
HOW TO CHECK AND MANAGE YOUR MICROSOFT ONEDRIVE STORAGE SPACE USAGE
- It is your cloud storage that allows you to save your documents on OneDrive’s cloud server. You may then access and use your OneDrive from any device. And there are several methods for checking and managing it. The steps are simple; just look at how to accomplish the checking below.
Check and Manage Storage Space Usage from OneDrive Sync App
- Navigate to your Windows 10 computer’s taskbar.
- Search for the OneDrive symbol.
- Select the Help and Settings menu by right-clicking on the icon.
- Navigate to the Settings menu. If the OneDrive symbol does not appear on your taskbar, use the search bar to browse to One Drive’s Settings.
- Go to the Account page.
- You can now view how much storage space is being used in your OneDrive email account.
Check and Manage Storage Space Usage from the OneDrive Website
- Another option is to log in to your OneDrive account via a web browser.
- The storage space used will be visible on the left side of the screen from there.
- Click the storage amount used to view what files are using up your storage space.
- Click what’s consuming up space under Storage Summary.
Check and Manage Storage Space Usage in Office 365 OneDrive Storage
- Sign in to your Microsoft Office 365 account in your browser.
- Click on the OneDrive symbol, and then hit the cog icon to access the Microsoft 365 Settings page.
- Select OneDrive Settings, then More Settings.
- Hit Storage Metrics now.
Check and Manage Storage Space Usage on Windows 10
- It is really easy to examine through Windows 10. Simply follow the procedures mentioned below to verify your storage usage and how much room you have remaining in OneDrive. The following are the steps to take:
- From the bottom-right corner, select the OneDrive icon.
- Select the Help & Settings tab.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Navigate to the Account tab.
- Examine the “OneDrive” area to see how much space you have and how much storage you are using.
- Once you’ve completed the steps, you’ll be able to see how much space is being used in your cloud storage account.
Conclusion: That’s it. We like how Microsoft makes it simple to locate the files that are eating up the most space. This makes it simple to make some space. Simply refer to this how-to article to ensure that you never exceed your storage restrictions and always have enough space for your media files.