As our world embraces a new normal type of system through technology, children’s involvement with the internet is increasing. They spend more time on the internet now that they are more intellectual about it. That is why Microsoft Edge added a Kids Mode to their browser to assist parents in protecting their children from any harm caused by unwanted online references. All US citizens can use the program, which is available on Microsoft Edge 90 and newer versions of Windows 10 PC and macOS systems.
As much as we want our children to extend their horizons and enjoy kid-friendly entertainment, the Internet contains potentially harmful content that they may encounter when browsing. That is why we must learn how to enable and disable the Ask Age Range for Kids Mode on Microsoft Edge. In this article, we will explore and provide a thorough approach for helping parents set the age of their children using browser settings.
WHAT IS KIDS MODE ON MICROSOFT EDGE?
- When you enable Kids Mode in Microsoft Edge, a content filter is activated, limiting which websites your child can visit. Kids Mode comes pre-installed with several kid-friendly websites, and as a parent, you can update this list at any moment. Check below for the complete details about this setting launched by Microsoft and learn everything about protecting your child’s safety online.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE CHILDREN MODE ON MICROSOFT EDGE?
- Kids Mode in Microsoft Edge also spans the entire screen, so your youngster isn’t distracted by your desktop or tempted to start other applications by clicking on your taskbar.
- During use, any website tracking scripts are prohibited.
- Edge SafeSearch restricts web searches.
- Any modifications to the settings or exiting Kids Mode necessitate inputting your computer’s password or pin.
- If your child is between the ages of 5 and 12, Kids Mode is excellent for them. You’ll be able to customize Kids Mode between two age categories, which you can change at any moment.
HOW TO ENABLE OR DISABLE THE AGE RANGE FEATURE IN MICROSOFT EDGE BROWSER FOR KIDS MODE
- On the chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser, the Age Range setting is disabled by default. You can configure and enable the feature so that Microsoft Edge can determine what content to show based on the child’s age. Regardless of age, the browser will display Bing Safe Search and a kid-friendly theme. It will continue to protect them and block websites that are potentially hazardous to children. Take the following steps:
- To begin, open your Microsoft Edge chromium-browser.
- Select the three-dotted icon in the upper right corner.
- Choose the Settings menu.
- Scroll down and click on Family.
- Select the Kids Mode option.
- Before initiating Kids Mode, always ask to select an age range.
- To enable, switch the option. To disable the tool, repeat the process and set it to disabled.
HOW TO CONFIGURE A DEFAULT AGE RANGE IN MICROSOFT EDGE’S KIDS MODE
- Every time your child launches Microsoft Edge, it will ask for his or her age. If, on the other hand, you don’t want to inquire about the age range every time but instead want to establish the value, you can still implement it by simply following the instructions outlined below.
- Select the Kids Mode.
- Look for the Always start Kids Mode option in the age range you’ve chosen.
- Choose from 5-8 and 9-12 years old.
Conclusion: To stay secure and filter irrelevant stuff, master the settings and use the kid’s mode on the Microsoft Edge browser. We should value our children’s safety while we allow them to access the internet. Not all internet information is enticing and acceptable for all ages. We cherish all children’s safety, and we invite you to share your ideas in the comments area.