Zoom is an online communication platform that quickly rose to prominence as the most popular video conferencing service during the pandemic. People using the platform have an amazing means to stay in touch with and feel closer to anyone, even amid a pandemic outbreak. And now that the world is gradually returning to normalcy, the Zoom app is also undergoing a significant upgrade in its services and features.
With real-time video communications, you can talk to everyone as if you were all in the same room. It has extra features that will spice up your remote meetings. The virtual animal avatar feature is an add-on that you can use to make your virtual meetings and conferences more enjoyable. Do you want to learn how to use this new feature? So let’s dig into this article and discover how to use this feature for more thrilling and engaging video calling to everyone.
WHAT IS THE ANIMAL AVATAR FEATURE ON THE ZOOM APP?
Animal Avatars are 3D cartoon renditions of your favorite animals that will be available in the Zoom 5.10.0 release. To engage in meeting participants, all characters will mirror the user’s head motions and facial gestures.
There are currently just eleven animals available. All Animal Avatars include a shirt and hoodie. Live avatars are an entertaining method to change your face with various cartoon characters. These avatars will move just like you as if they were a cartoon version of you.
HOW TO ENABLE ZOOM ANIMAL AVATARS FOR YOUR VIRTUAL MEETINGS AND WEBINARS
- Enabling the feature is as simple as a few button clicks in the settings. Simply follow the instructions below:
- To begin, navigate to the Zoom web portal.
- Please sign in to your account.
- Choose Settings.
- Navigate to the Meetings tab.
- Go to the In Meeting page (Advanced).
- Turn on the Avatars option.
- Select Enable.
HOW TO ENABLE ZOOM ANIMAL AVATAR FOR A SINGLE ACCOUNT WITH SEVERAL USERS OR GROUP ACCOUNTS:
- First, log in as an administrator to your Zoom online portal.
- Navigate to Account or User Management.
- Choose Account Settings or Group Settings.
- Go to the Meeting tab and turn on the Avatars.
HOW TO APPLY AND USE ANIMAL AVATARS IN ZOOM VIDEO MEETINGS
- To use the tool, simply select the virtual background you want to make on your virtual movie. Take the following steps:
- Begin or join a meeting first.
- Next to the Start Camera button, press the Arrow key.
- Select either Virtual Background or Virtual Filter.
- Navigate to the Avatars tab.
- You can use whatever animal avatar you desire.
- To make the avatar your default, click Apply to all future meetings.
- To remove the animal avatar, click the Arrow icon once again.
- Look for and select the Turn Off Avatar option.
- Avatars can be removed and replaced from the Avatars menu.
- In a conference, you can turn off someone’s avatar by selecting Turn off avatar from their self-view video icon.
- Zoom has also stated that it does not utilize facial recognition or retain facial data on servers.
- Avatars can use virtual backdrops, however, video filters are not supported by the new capability.
- While it mimics your head and faces movements, Zoom has stated that it will not use any facial recognition software and will not save any data.
- Animal Avatars are accessible in the Zoom app for iOS, macOS, and Windows. Your iOS device must be running 5.10.0 or higher. macOS 10.13 or later is required. It is also compatible with Windows 7, 8, and 10 or later (64-bit).
Conclusion: Whatever animal avatar you choose, you can simply select all of them from the Zoom collections of a playful avatars. This will result in more dynamic and entertaining virtual meetings and conferences.